Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thistle Port Dickson Hotel Room Review


Thistle Port Dickson Hotel (formerly known as Guoman Hotels Port Dickson) is one of the newest hotels in Port Dickson.

I have read rave reviews of the place, so when my best friend invited me to join her for a free stay at the hotels whilst she attend her workshop, of course I jumped at the opportunity.
I had been to Guoman Port Dickson few years back, thus I was curious to see what's so hot about this hotel that people had been raving about.

Arrived at the hotel about 8pm after horrendous jam in KL. Driving in the main driveway with the balinese style lights in the middle of the road, gave a very exclusive and private feeling of the hotel.

The bellboy was very efficient in picking my bags from the car and delivering it to the room.
The lobby had been refurbished and look modern, spacious and airy.


Upon entering the room at Thistle Port Dickson, I notice they had repainted the walls and change the door lock system to swipe card system.  The new colours of the Thirstle PD gave a more classy look compared to the more mexican style Guoman colours.

The king-sized bed was huge and inviting.  
The floor is still as what it used to be, orange tiled floor.  
The cupboard with sliding door has sufficient storage/hanging space, and comes with prayer mat, Quran, electric mosquito mat, and extra pillows.
I would have preferred more lights in the room though as it wasn't bright enough for me to sit and work on my laptop.


The room had its own air-con and ceiling fan, but even after I had turned off the ceiling fan and air-con, the central air-con was still cold.  The management should try to increase the air-con temperature.

The room comes with a flat screen TV, but the some channels were not very clear, so I had to call the maintenance to fix it.The staff that came was very efficient, and quickly changed the cable for me and fix the problem.

Bathroom in Thistle Port Dickson is spacious, the shower stall could fit 2 person comfortably, and if the shower head is the big shower head style, things would have been perfect.


The hotel amenities look real nice.  All the shower gel, shampoo and lotion are provided in big glass bottles which unfortunately can't be taken away.
The only thing that anyone can take home from the bathroom are the travel toothbrush, shower cap and cotton bud packs.

 

 Other things I like about the room are its stationery set, TV remote basket and the Guest Directory book, which unfortunately can't be taken home


Did a quick sushi platter as a surprise for my friend's brithday...then its bedtime in this new hotel.

 For more pics of Thistle Port Dickson, visit  Hotels Port Dickson site.

No comments: